Applicant agrees to the following Terms & Conditions, which are intended for the safety, comfort and well-being of all Members of The Slate, Applicants of The Slate and the Building in which The Slate is located.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Applicant covenants and agrees with The Slate as follows:
- Applicant recognizes that The Slate is a professional environment and will maintain its assigned room(s) and dress in an appropriate manner. This rule applies to Applicant, its employees and visitors. Applicant will not obstruct any corridors, sidewalks or other common areas within the Building, or Building premises, nor use the same for any purpose other than ingress and egress. Nothing shall be placed or left in the common areas of The Slate. Applicant shall not block, prop open, or obstruct any of the entries or passages of the Building or place, empty or throw away trash or material of any nature in such areas, or permit such areas to be used at any time except for ingress or egress of Applicant. The common areas including reception area are to be used for professional business purposes only.
- Without prior notice and approval from The Slate, nothing shall be hung in any window or door in the Building nor shall any sign, advertisement, notice or other lettering be affixed on any part of the Building outside or inside in such a manner that the same is visible from the corridors of the Building. Nothing shall be affixed to the walls of any assigned rooms by drilling into the walls or by any other method, including tape, without express permission from The Slate. In no event may ceiling tiles, light diffusers or air conditioning vents be removed or altered in any way.
- Applicant shall not allow noise or odors to emanate from the Assigned Rooms at The Slate. Applicant’s assigned rooms door must be closed when using speakerphone, video conference or other loud equipment. Other than a personal computer or desktop printer, Applicant will not bring any office equipment onto the premises without permission from The Slate. The Slate, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to limit Applicant’s use of the Internet Bandwidth should Applicant’s use become excessive or unreasonable to the point of interfering with the rights of other Applicants of The Slate or to the point of becoming a nuisance. In such instances, Applicant hereby agrees that it is not entitled to any lawful offset against the Contract Charges owed by Applicant to The Slate.
- Applicant hereby verifies that it has accurately represented the number of persons who will occupy the Assigned Room during the rented time frame. The Slate reserves the right to deny access to any individuals who exceed the allowable limit of the Assigned Room.
- Without prior notice and approval from The Slate, no animals shall be allowed within the building, other than certified service animals.
- For catering purposes, Applicant shall not bring any drinks, other than bottled water, into the Building.
- Applicant shall not commit any act or do anything which might reasonably be considered: (i) to be immoral, deceptive, scandalous or obscene; or (ii) to injure, tarnish, damage or otherwise negatively affect the reputation and goodwill associated with The Slate.
- The Slate is committed to an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices, including harassment. Therefore, The Slate expects that all relationships among persons in the Building will be business-like and free of bias, prejudice, discrimination, and harassment. In order to keep this commitment, The Slate maintains a strict policy of prohibiting unlawful harassment of any kind, including sexual harassment and harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, sex, age, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local employment discrimination laws. This policy applies to all Applicants and third parties who engage in unlawful harassment in the Building. Any Applicant who believes that he or she has been discriminated against by any Applicant or guest of The Slate should promptly report the facts of the incident(s) to Jodie Slater Hastings at (214) 991-2020.
- No bicycles, vehicles or animals of any kind shall be brought into the Building except working dogs assisting disabled persons, nor shall any flammable, combustible, explosive, hazardous or toxic fluid, chemical or substance be brought into the Private Office.
- No smoking, candles or flames of any kind are allowed in any area of The Slate.
- No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed upon any of the doors or windows by any Applicant, nor shall any changes be made in existing locks or the mechanism thereof.
- All deliveries must be coordinated through The Slate and will take place in such manner and during such hours as The Slate may require. The Slate reserves the right to inspect all deliveries brought into the Assigned rooms and to exclude any deliveries, which violate these Terms & Conditions. The Slate is not liable for any damages or claims arising from deliveries accepted on behalf of Applicant. The Slate also reserves the right to exclude from the Assigned rooms at all times any person who is not known or does not properly identify him or herself to The Slate’s staff. The Slate may require all persons entering or leaving the Assigned rooms to register. Each Applicant is responsible for all persons who enter the Building at the request or invitation of such Applicant or to conduct business with the Applicant.
- Applicant is responsible for returning the Assigned rooms to their original condition. If Applicant fails to do so, Applicant will pay for clerical and/or janitorial time necessary for The Slate staff to restore the areas to such condition.
- Applicants may not use any part of the Assigned rooms for sleeping, the distribution of pills or other drugs, the performance of any medical procedures, including injections and the drawing of blood, or for any illegal purpose. The possession of firearms within The Slate is strictly prohibited.
- Applicant shall not use any equipment owned by The Slate unless authorized by The Slate staff.
- Space heaters and similar heating devices are prohibited. Applicant shall not install any antenna or aerial wires, radio or television equipment, or any other type of equipment, inside or outside of the Building, without The Slate’s prior written consent. Applicant shall not permit any equipment or device within the premises which will impair radio or television broadcasting or reception from or in the Building.
- Applicant shall leave The Slate clean and free of debris as prior to Applicant’s use.
- Applicant shall supervise and maintain control over all participants, invitees and/or guests visiting or using assigned rooms at The Slate pursuant to this Agreement.
- Applicant shall be solely responsible for obtaining any and all permits or licenses as required by the laws of the State of Texas, or the City of Dallas, in connection with this Agreement.
If Applicant fails to comply with or breaches any of the above covenants, or in the event of any illegal or inappropriate conduct by Applicant, The Slate reserves the right in its sole discretion to revoke Applicant’s license granted herein and Applicant immediately will vacate and leave The Slate. In such event and notwithstanding such termination, Applicant will remain responsible for all charges incurred, expenses arising and liabilities accruing and will not be entitled 10 any refund of the Fee.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
The Slate will refund half of a booking fee, so long as The Slate receives at least 5 business days’ notice of the cancellation. The Slate shall not refund or return any portion of a booking fee if the cancellation with less than 5 business days’ notice of the cancellation.
- APPROVAL AND USE OF LOGOS, NAMES, MARKS OR LIKENESS
- The Slate and Applicant agree to NOT use the logos, names, marks or likenesses of the other party without prior written consent. Applicant shall provide The Slate with the final versions of all materials to be used, displayed or handed out with regard to the facilities rental at The Slate prior to their initial use, exhibition or distribution, including but not limited to tear sheets; air-checks, posters, flyers, invitations, brochures, posters, banners, programs news releases, media alerts or other materials. The Slate may disapprove, in its reasonable discretion, any such materials or require modifications to such materials in fitting with The Slate’s standards.
- Applicant agrees and acknowledges that all intellectual property, including, without limitation, all copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and trade names, are the exclusive property of The Slate. The Slate hereby grants to Applicant and Applicant hereby accepts a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable right and license to use the terms “The Slate” and “Slate It” solely in connection with marketing and promotion of goods or services that are provided pursuant to use of The Slate facilities. Applicant agrees and acknowledges that any use of the terms “The Slate”, “Slate It”, or any derivatives thereof by Applicant, in any medium whatsoever, inures solely to the benefit of The Slate. Applicant agrees and acknowledges that The Slate maintains full control over the use of such intellectual property, and agrees to immediately remove any use of the intellectual property in its materials at the request of The Slate.
- PHOTO RELASE
Applicant grants permission to The Slate to use photographs and/or video of Applicant and Applicant’s group taken at The Slate in publications, news releases, online, and in other communications related to The Slate.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT AND INCIDENTAL CHARGES
By booking space with The Slate, Applicant hereby authorizes The Slate to charge Applicant’s credit card on file for any and all damages, overages or incidental charges associated with Applicant’s use of The Slate. In the event of damages, overages, or incidental charges, within 7 days of the completion of Applicant’s reservation, The Slate shall provide Applicant with a statement identifying any and all such items to be charged and/or a statement of all damages incurred. Applicant shall be responsible for the full cost of repair of all damages.
- User may not assign or transfer its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party without the prior written consent of The Slate, which consent may be withheld by The Slate in its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Slate reserves the right to rescind, amend, alter or waive any of Terms & Conditions at any time when, in our sole judgment, it is necessary, desirable or proper for the best interests of The Slate and its Members. No rescission, amendment, alteration or waiver of any rule or regulation in favor of one Applicant will operate in favor of any other Applicant and we will not be responsible to any Applicant for the non-observance or violation by any other Applicant of any of the Terms & Conditions.
- The Slate reserves the right to control, limit, or restrict access as necessary to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.